For sheer enjoyment, I recommend:
- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
- You have probably heard of this. There are so many layers of depth to these books that they are enjoyable for anyone at any age.
- Destiny’s Blood by Marie Bilodeau
- Marie is a fantastic story-teller that isn’t afraid to kill off characters if it helps move the story forward.
For a change of perspective, I recommend reading:
- People Still Live in Cashtown Corners by Tony Burgess
- This is based on the story of killer John List. It is told in the first-person point of view in a stream of consciousness style.
- Loyalty by Laurie Stewart
- This book explores life from the view of three teenagers and Laurie expertly captures life as a teen. If you want to read something that will make you check your privilege, this is it.
For improving writing skills, I recommend reading:
- Hooked by Les Edgerton
- On Writing by Stephen King
For becoming a healthy, whole human being, I recommend reading:
- The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden
- Everyone should read this book. You don’t need to do the exercises but the book is great for identifying things you may be doing to other people because you don’t feel good about who you are.
- Open House by Elizabeth Berg
- I found this enjoyable. It’s the tale of a woman who suddenly finds herself going through a divorce. There are highs and lows and she learns a lot along the way about who she is and how much stronger she is than she ever could have guessed.
© 2016 by Raeanne G. Roy.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this site is strictly prohibited.
If you see anything from this site on another website, please report it.
Site designed by Raeanne G. Roy.
Header image by Evan Buchanan of Aberrate Designs.
Portrait photographer: TBD