Sorry I dropped off the planet for a bit. Last week was packed. A friend was visiting, so I spent a lot of time with her. In between there were meetups, a work lunch for a departing colleague, cleaning Sensei’s garage, responding to a Letter of Intent, the condo Annual General Meeting, a manicure, sightseeing, video games at The Blurry Pixel, a walk through GlowFair, BBQs, and B-Movie night.
Sunday brought the Dojo BBQ where we practised Tameshigiri to test our cutting on straw mats. I seem to be getting worse each year, but it’s likely partly because I haven’t been going much over the winter. Also because of overthinking and trying too hard.
Today brought filling out security clearance application forms and fingerprinting. Hopefully that all works out okay.
With everything going on lately, writing has been taking a backseat. I’m worried I won’t get this short story done in time, but part of me feels like it doesn’t matter because writing shouldn’t be about getting things published and money. It should be about exploration, fun, learning, and more.
My pilot was rejected. I’m okay about it. Maybe I’ll turn it into a feature length film instead. I prefer writing those anyway.
- Horror Short Story: 1,473/7,000 words [Due: June 30]
- Horror Script: Waiting for the next phase.
- The Page & The Magician: 71,993/80,000 words
- Puppy Chow Script: Revision not started.
- The Blood Waitress Club: 24,092/80,000
- The Mockumentary Script: 10/120 minutes
- Artos Red Script: 2/120 minutes
- Dishes: 95%
- Laundry: 85%
- Entrance: 80%
- Recycling: 90%
- Mirrors: 3/7
- Read: Charlie et la chocolaterie
- Car Loan: 99.97% paid off.
- OSAP Debt: 3.16% paid off.
- Mortgage: 14.81% paid off.
- Iaido – 1/2 (Sun, Tue)
- Workouts – 0/5 (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat)
- Learn piano*
*I intend to focus on this a lot this summer.