Planning is helping me out in ways I never thought it could. Just by getting everything out of my head, it’s calming the overthinking that usually dominates my mind. I think this is because I’ve dealt with the items when I put them down on paper even if there is still work to do. It’s like my mind was continually nagging at me to listen to it and by writing it out, I have.
This week I got so much done.
- My tree has been decorated. I even hand made bows out of ribbon for it.
- My desktop has been reorganized.
- The work phone is no longer having a connection problem.
- After accidentally sleeping in, I fixed my alarm clock.
- On the 5th, I watched Krampus: The Christmas Devil for Krampusnacht.
- It’s been a long haul, but I finally got my Great Wave off Kanagawa picture up on the wall!
- I put gas in my car.
- I watched the first two seasons of Rick and Morty.
- On Sparks, I upped my word count slightly and also figured out a problem with the novel.
- The planning for 2020 is nearly complete.
HEALTH & FITNESS
I’ve been sucking here. I’m not sure what I need to do to get motivated in this area.
I’ve been cleaning a little here and there. Putting things away is getting easier. I’ve decided to work from home one day each week, so that will give me some time back since I won’t have to commute on that day. I’m looking forward to it.
I’m excited about my practice log. Lately, I’ve just been toying around with seasonal songs. The ones I don’t know are good sight-reading exercises. The ones I do know are motivating.
I’m still reading Stephen King’s Thinner. I’m so close to the end. I have a bad feeling about it. I hope he doesn’t end it the way it looks like it will go.
I’ve made a little more progress on Sparks. I got stuck though. The first chapter has improved a lot and I’m pleased with it to a point. There’s a spot where the tone changes and I can’t seem to get it to fit with the rest of the chapter, so I’m moving it to Chapter Two. When I let myself do that, it was like I realized that is obviously what I should do in that situation. I also wondered why the hell it took me so long to come to that realization.