During my brief vacation, I really missed Ottawa. I briefly flirted with the idea of moving back to my hometown oneday, but I don’t think I could really do it. Ottawa became my home somewhere along the way and though I get lonely at times, I know that won’t last. It is hard to make people back there understand that while I enjoy the visits, it’s not where I belong.
I had to turn the heat on today. Maybe I should get one of those programmable thermostats, or two as I only have two thermostats. I suppose I better think about winter-proofing my windows soon as well.
This is one of my favourite months of the year. I love Halloween the most of all the holidays and I think we should get it off. I want a partner who loves it as much or more than me. Scary movies, haunted walks, bonfires, costumes, decorating, candy, and seasonal desserts. Bring it on. Fuck Christmas. Halloween is where it’s at!
This weekend is both Can-Con and a haunted walk with my friends. It’s going to be fantastic and I’m super excited! There are a lot of intriguing panels that I’m looking forward to learning from. And the haunted walk is supposed to be scary. I’m skeptical as it’s hard to scare me. I went to Saunders Farm last year and all I did was laugh the whole time. The drive out to Saunders was scarier than the place to me.
Onto the update…
- Glider: 200 steps
- OYO 10 Week Challenge: /70
- Martial Arts: I’m missing this weekend due to Can-Con 2019, but I’ll be back at it next week.
As more and more space is uncovered, I feel happier. I’ve also noticed it’s warmer with better air flow and my allergies are reducing.
- Declutter: 145/1,050 minutes (Goal 15 mins/day)
- Paper: 145 pieces (1/day)
- Bathroom: I filled some holes, but haven’t done the demo yet. Once I do, I’ll be emailing the condo about lining up the plumber. It turns out that the past office person was useless and that’s why I couldn’t get it lined up before.
- Tri: I’m in the planning stages and have added my project to the NaNo site. If I get this screenplay done, I’ll move onto either another one or actually try to finish The Blood Waitress Club this year.
I have been sucking here, but I was away and spent time moving on other things during my vacation.
- Downtown Abbey
- Lean on Me
I haven’t made much progress on David Christian’s Origin Story. I’m still in the portion of the book where humans are living in Agrarian civilizations and things like slavery are becoming a thing. This is about 10,000-12,000 years ago.
I have not made any progress as I was on vacation. I needed a break from everything anyway.