My car loan is paid off. I received the mail showing a zero balance today! It took nearly seven years, but there were a lot of bumps along the way. I think those bumps have been character building though. I’ve certainly learned a lot and am stronger.
Things are looking up!
And since getting that statement, I’ve felt super motivated. I finished reading a book and started another, did laundry, put my tires in my car (which was way easier than previous years), and did a load of dishes all tonight!
It was the third Percy Jackson book I finished. I’m now reading, “A Monk’s Guide to a Clean House and Mind.” I got it from the library booth at the Japanese festival on the weekend. I often don’t get books from the library because I’m a slow reader, but I think this one will be easy to finish in time.
It feels great to be making progress again.
Here is where I having made progress. I intend to do nothing but cleaning and writing this weekend though! Oh, I may watch a Ghibili movie because I got it out from the library booth too.
I have been getting some ideas about my other projects, but I haven’t been pursuing them, only writing them down to prevent forgetting. I may focus on a more dramatic story after this one.
- The Page & The Magician: 71,969/80,000
With my car paid off, I’ll be better able to focus on the credit cards and OSAP Loan. First, I have to deal with changing my tires, which I’ve been putting off for a year because I couldn’t put money aside to buy new tires with. Now I can. I’m booked in for Saturday morning as I found a place near home that is open on the weekend, which is extra awesome as I’d rather not miss work for tires. And soon I’ll probably be getting some dental work done. It’s also past time for an eye appointment. I also want to save up for a chaise that has storage space in it, though that’s really probably going to be my Christmas present. I should go to IKEA soon just to try them out and ensure the one I’m eyeing is actually comfortable. I’ll feel better about driving out there with proper summer tires! And when I visit my family next month too. I haven’t really been wanting to go anywhere because of them.
- R. Card: 73.22%*
- S. Card: 4.7%*
- OSAP Loan: 6.86%
- Savings: TBD**
*This is a bit misleading because the one that is less paid off actually has a lower balance.
**My adviser and I will meet again in the fall to get things rolling here.
- Gym: 0/3*
- Iaido: I guess I better start really training for my Sandan if I’m going to challenge it in December.
*This will probably be in September.
- General: I’m tweaking my chores list to find what works best. I can’t wait until my tires can be put away! I smashed my knee on the cart the other day 😦
- Office: I intend to get my desk set up to transition easily between sitting and standing, so I can do some work standing and be healthier.
- Bedroom: I think I can grab a curtain rod and curtains this weekend for my closet, but it’ll depend on how much my tires set me back.
- Bathroom: I might start the cutting of the bathroom vanity this weekend. This will let me move the new one into the room instead of it hanging out in my hallway.
No news here.
- Read: 9/30 (I should get back on this.)
- Class: I haven’t heard anything. They could be on vacation though.
- Piano: I’m really enjoying Let it Be. Damn, scales are hard. My right hand is decent, but my left is so clumsy!