I’m still getting back into the swing of things at work. The earlier mornings and travel are making it hard to get as much done as I’d like, which was expected. We’ve also been having heat waves fairly regularly. This has made dishes and cooking difficult!
This week is a big martial arts week as we have our demo on the weekend at Natsu Matsuri 2019. I’m also attending a workshop a friend is running on building a Fukuro shinai. That’s a bamboo sword, which has a leather covering (for those who aren’t in the know).
Other than that, I don’t have much to report. I’m pretty much just working for the weekend right now, but I expect that will calm down soon enough. I did manage to watch Stranger Things Season 3, which was awesome and I’m sad that I’ve run out of episodes!
So far, these changes have me losing words, but I have faith it will eventually work out. I’m through chapter one. There are only twenty-five more chapters to go…
- The Page & The Magician: 71,969/80,000
I have started tackling the credit card debt though I’ve only had one pay and a half one at that.
- OSAP Loan: 3.17%
- Savings: TBD*
*My adviser and I will meet again in the fall to get things rolling here.
I’m a little frustrated here. Apps tell me I’m not getting enough calories to lose weight and I don’t have much of an appetite lately. I think that may be due to increased caffeine intake, so I’m going to calm down on that and see what that does. I may have to go see a doctor about it.
- Gym: 0/3*
- Iaido: Sunday’s class was excellent. We decided which katas to do for the demo and after practicing the whole set, we split them up among us and worked on our own parts. I’m a little nervous as I’ll be doing kata I don’t usually demonstrate.
*I’m going to hold off a moment as my exercise level is currently higher than my calorie intake and may be causing me issues.
- Living Room: I got the bookshelf bench and put it in place. It has helped that part of the room, but it seems like there is still so much else to handle! I did find a place that does tires on Saturdays, so I think I will be able to put my tires away soon and that will help too.
- Bathroom: Nothing yet.
- Read: 9/30
- Class: I’ve reached out about assessment at work. After that, I can find out about training.
- Piano: I start classes this Saturday and I’m pretty excited about it!