A new round has begun. It’s hard to believe it’s already the beginning the third quarter of 2019, but here it is. I have one major writing goal, one major music goal, home goals, and fitness goals.
It was Canada Day when I began this post. A day which celebrates our independance as a country. Lately, it feels like we’ve been stepping backward in that area, but I won’t get into that. I’m not a political blogger and have no wish to become one.
All right, so I didn’t really stop on the home goals. I felt that the more I got organized before going back to work, the better. And the cleaner my home becomes, the better I feel even despite dust allergies. Speaking of that, I really have to vacuum under my bed more often. There was a dust forest under there…
Normally on Canada Day, I would be partying. I didn’t for two reasons. Number one, I was getting over a cold. Number two, it was my first day of work the following day and although I already knew my coworkers, I didn’t want start a new position hungover.
- The Page & The Magician: 72,051/80,000
A paltry amount of progress, but better than none.
I don’t have much of an update here. My biggest goal for the year was to secure permanent, full-time employment and I achieved that. Now I’m waiting to push further on these for about a month until I’ve had a couple of pays.
- OSAP Loan: 3.17%
- Savings: TBD*
*My adviser and I will meet again in the fall to get things rolling here.
- Gym: 0/3*
- Iaido: I’ve generally been doing better at going to class lately. I’m getting over a cold and felt like rest was more important on Sunday. Tuesday has me out too late, so I’m mostly practicing at home instead.
*I haven’t joined yet. Like my finances, I’m holding off until likely August to get on this. My trap muscles are doing well with all the decluttering though! If I can figure out how to replicate it for my belly and thighs…
Declutter: I’ve gotten rid of:
- a loveseat
- the closet doors from my bedroom
- some clothing
- sporting and exercise equipment I don’t use
- extra backpacks
I’m now collecting more items for donation. I think I’m becoming addicted to decluttering. I keep seeing things I really don’t need. Part of me wonders if I will ever be done!
Decor: After reorganizing my sheet music into containers based on the instrument they are for, I repurposed a storage cube for exercise gear and moved it into the living room. I’m now using my cable storage bench as my piano bench in my bedroom. It had to leave my living room as I have plans for a bookshelf bench to hold the remaining books I currently have in cardboard boxes.
I also rearranged the last nightmarish part of my bedroom. There’s still a lot of junk to go through, but it’s quite a lot better.
Bathroom: Nothing yet.
- Read: I have finished the first five chapters of Charlie et la Chocolaterie. I’m getting the gist of things. I expect I’ll reread this one a lot to see how much more I understand with each level I complete.
- Class: Holding off until I can work it out with my supervisor.
- Piano: I’m excited about my trial keyboard lesson tonight! I hope it goes well. I’m looking forward to getting back to music in a big way. I’ve made a list of songs I’d like to learn as that is what the owner suggested I do. And then I remade it because I misplaced where it was saved. I emailed it to myself this time!