My oral French exam wasn’t too bad. It was stressful because I felt put on the spot and I’m always nervous when speaking French. I also went first because I was there early. I’ll miss some people. Not the few who would turn up late and be disruptive, but there were some genuinely nice people in my class. Maybe I’ll see them in Level 2 in the fall. If I continue taking French there. I’m quite tired of their old version of Rosetta Stone with a mostly non-functioning speaking module, so if I have a better option, I may not.
With French complete, I’ve turned my attention to preparing to go back to work, cleaning, exercising, and writing. Mostly. I started auditing a course on research skills as I feel I need to improve these for my writing and for life in general.
I had started a specific 30-day exercise program, but I felt there were problems with it such as:
1) No rest between sets. There should always be some rest. How long depends on your goal. The following article has some guidelines.
2) Overworking same muscle groups.
After killing my abs on day 2, they expected us to do more ab work on day 3. Core is important, but I felt like that will lead to injury. I was already more than the normal amount of sore afterwards as well.
3) Warm up and cooldown are rushed.
These things are important to prevent injury. Injury leads to not exercising.
If it works for others, great. I didn’t feel like it’s right for me. I also hurt my bicep doing one of the other exercises. Instead, I’ve set aside specific days for specific activities and have a log book to keep track of my progress. And my new plan is pretty simple:
- warmup the appropriate muscle group
- 3 sets of 3 activities for 1.5 minutes each.
- rest in between each
The food ideas are good at least. And that’s important for results. The biggest thing I’m doing is watching my grain intake.
I am having one issue with walking though. Chafing. At some point, I’ll get something to deal with it. It seems Amazon has a number of options. https://www.elitedaily.com/women/ways-to-prevent-thigh-chafing-that-actually-work/2006498
I’m also dealing with blisters on my ankles.
- Horror Short Story: 1,232/7,000 words [Due: June 30]*
- Horror Script: Waiting for the next phase.
- The Page & The Magician: 71,993/80,000 words
- Puppy Chow Script: Revision not started.
- The Blood Waitress Club: 24,092/80,000
- The Mockumentary Script: 10/120 minutes
- Artos Red Script: 2/120 minutes
*I’ve now set a daily target of 250 words. I didn’t meet it the first couple days I did it, but I had French class, dishes, working out, laundry, and cooking all to do. Hopefully it’s reasonable going forward.
- Dishes: 95%
- Laundry: 85%
- Entrance: 80%
- Recycling: 90%
- Mirrors: 3/7
- Class: 30/30 hours*
- Read: Charlie et la chocolaterie
*I have an A+ for my final mark. A month ago I was annoyed I couldn’t take the next level in the summer, but the weather has been so beautiful that I’m happy there isn’t a summer session!
- Car Loan: 99.97% paid off.
- OSAP Debt: 3.16% paid off.
- Mortgage: 14.81% paid off.
*I think interest is making this all not the most accurate, but it’s better than no measurement.
- Iaido – 0/2 (Sun, Tue)*
- Workouts – 0/5 (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat)
*It’s hard to swing a sword with a sore bicep, so I went for a walk instead.
- Learn piano
- Get my trumpet embouchure back