Lately, I’ve been watching minimalist documentaries. I find them inspiring on my conquest to declutter. Cleaning is not my favourite thing. There are so many better uses of my time than that. I think owning less means less to maintain. It also means less useless stuff in the way of the stuff I love like my books, instruments, and movies.
I filled my backseat after finishing one documentary. I had way too many coats. I’ve also been hanging onto old costumes for years. Some I had worn a decade ago! I’m not even all that into cosplay these days. Costuming just stresses me out as it’s yet another thing on my endless to-do list. No more! I’ve decided to just keep a couple I really enjoy like my Kigurumi bear I use to make a female ewok. It’s fun and warm, which is perfect for Halloween as it’s usually f-ing cold here. As a side bonus, I get to use a weapon with it too.
I don’t know yet what I’m making room for exactly, but every time I get rid of things that were just taking up space, I feel better. And it’s not like I don’t also buy some things, but I’m focusing on owning specific things. Yes, I collect POP Funko, but mainly the strong female characters I adore, rather than every character from every movie or show I’m a fan of. And I’m getting specific items related to music like a modular trumpet mouthpiece because it’s something that makes me happy. I keep some books I find worth rereading and donate others.
I have a lot of paper I don’t want though. Some, like tax papers going back to 2009-2011, I can get rid of. Some are handwritten notes I need to digitize. Those will take a while. I’m chipping away at it a little at a time for now as I have other things to do like study for a French exam.
- Horror Short Story: 433/7,000 words [Due: June 30]*
- Horror Script: Waiting for the next phase.
- The Page & The Magician: 71,993/80,000 words
- Puppy Chow Script: Revision not started.
- The Blood Waitress Club: 24,092/80,000
- The Mockumentary Script: 10/120 minutes
- Artos Red Script: 2/120 minutes
*I’ll be hitting this hard in June.
- Dishes: 95%
- Laundry: 80%
- Entrance: 80%
- Recycling: 90%
- Mirrors: 3/7
- Online: 31/30 hours! [J’ai finis!]
- Class: 24/30 hours*
- Buy French K.I.S.S.
*Final written exam this Saturday!
- Car Loan: 99.97% paid off.
- OSAP Debt: 3.16% paid off.
- Mortgage: 14.81% paid off.
- Yoga – 1/3 (Wed, Fri, Sat)
- Iaido – 2/2 (Sun, Tue)
- Walking – 1/7 (Daily)
- HIIT – 1/2 (Mon, Thu)
- Learn piano (First major goal is Chopsticks)
- Get my trumpet embouchure back* (First major goal is Birdland)
*This was on hold because I misplaced my mouthpiece. I got a modular one with 4 sizes to use.