Today I rejoined the office worker lifestyle. It has been two years since I last worked for someone else, so it was quite a big day for me. First days are often a mixed bag emotionally.
Things I felt today:
1. Anxiety: No matter how much I tried to prepare yesterday, there was always something this morning of that didn’t go the way it should.
2. Eagerness: I was ready and raring to jump in and get things done.
3. Frustration: Some things weren’t quite set up for me yet, so I couldn’t do all the things that are part of my role. That’s a typical first day thing.
4. Tiredness: I tried taking a brief nap after work, but no go. It’s always a challenge to switch from the #writer schedule to a regular one…
5. Happy: The people were really nice and I’m grateful to be part of a wonderful group of people.
6. Sore: I have a little blister on my one heel, but thankfully I was smart enough to pack large bandaids, so it’s not nearly as bad as it could be.
7. Relief: It’s been awhile since I had a full work day, so I’m happy I was able to survive it.
8. Hope: I’m looking forward to this new chapter and whatever else it brings.
9. Overwhelmed: I learned a lot of things today, but some I couldn’t apply or fully understand yet. I bet in a couple of weeks or months it’ll be second nature.
10. Hungry: I must go eat all the things.
11. Stressed: I must do laundry and make my lunches for the rest of the week instead of just relaxing tonight. But I can probably do laundry while watching a movie…
12. Unburdened: There is a part of me that feels like everything is going to improve from here on.
Many of my goals are on pause this week while I get used to my new routine. It’s just too much otherwise. I’ll probably still plug away at some things, but not as intensely as I usually would.