There are many ways to enjoy music whether you have any talent or not.
- You can watch a musical or concert on TV. Whether it’s on Netflix or live, they can be a really fun way to change things up.
- You can be part of a musical. Okay, this might not be an option for everyone. I was fortunate that my high school was part of a school board where they ran a summer theatre program that performed musicals and I got to be part of Jesus Christ Superstar, Grease, and the North American debut of Children of Eden.
- Attend a rock concert or music festival. This can be a lot of fun. Sometimes there are people who over celebrate though as alcohol is often widely available. Also, sometimes the weather can be unpredictable, so you might want some rain gear.
- Go to an orchestra performance. There are a wide range of orchestra options, so don’t think you just have the super fancy $100 and up ticket option only. Many smaller orchestras charge around $20 for their tickets. One of my favourites is Divertimento.
- Learn to play an instrument. Okay, this can be tough and pricey depending on how you go about it, but it doesn’t have to be for any reason other than having fun.
- Join a band. If you have mad skillz already, then why not join a band?
- Hold jam nights. Occasionally, my friends and I will pull out instruments and just screw around with them. None of us are spectacular, but it’s so much fun to play around with them anyway.
- Pop some music on while you clean. The time will go by quickly and you can take dance breaks while no one’s watching 😉
- You could try your hand at writing song lyrics.
- You could compose some music.
- If you’re feeling really brave or you’ve had enough liquid courage, you could do some karaoke.
Bonus: You can read rock fiction, which is a fiction style based on rock music.