As cannabis legalization slowly inches forward, I thought you could use a post that highlights some things to expect once it’s here.
Disclaimer: I’m not an expert, nor am I giving medical advice.
1. Home Design: You may experience sudden urges to rearrange your living space.
2. Food Innovation: An inherited skill where you make the most amazing and unexpected fusions.
3. Dinner Parties: A unique multi-course dining experience.
4. Increased Libido: It’s the closest thing to a woman’s Viagra.
5. The Munchies: Sometimes you might not even be hungry, but you want to feel something crunch against your teeth.
6. Reduced Inflammation: It’s a natural anti-inflammatory.
7. Higher Patience: You’ll be able to stay calm when an asshole is talking to you.
8. Time Distortion: You may have periods where you ran through whole scenarios in your head and thought you must’ve been gone for an hour when it’s only been 5 minutes.
9. Focus! Oooo, shiny…: You’ll either have great focus or be Dory. Some strains are better than others.
10. Temporary Paralysis: Also known as couch lock. As stress relieving as massage.
11. Healed Trauma: It’s the best thing for managing PTSD.
12. Dry/Cotton Mouth: Even worse when drinking too.
13. Forgetfulness: Some people forget their wallets more often.
14. Highs and Lows: Some strains lift you up and others bring you down.
15. Government Greed: Are they monopolizing the market where you are?
16. Reduced Fear: You might push through whatever plateau you’ve been stuck on.
17. Giving Less Fucks : If you’ve ever been told you have a stick in an unusual place, weed may help you lose it.
18. Music Taste: You might find yourself experimenting with Bob Marley.
19. Intolerant People: Remember that not everyone likes what you like and they might be asses about it.
20. Weird Sensations: Are your teeth floating in your mouth?
21. Paranoia: You *might* become convinced your friends are cannibals and you’re dinner. For more on how that might turn out, check out my short story The Third Wheel.