I cannot imagine what it is like to be a black person this week. Not in the slightest. I look around my neighbourhood and see young black men waiting for the bus to go to school and I wonder how they can muster up the courage to go outside at all. It shouldn’t be this way. They shouldn’t have to worry that a trip to the grocery store will end up in death. My black friends shouldn’t have to worry that their sons will be killed for buying diapers someday. No one should. Something has to change. I think this video needs to go viral.
The killing of people because of race or religion has to stop. Why? To quote Prime Minister Trudeau, “Because it’s 2016!”
Funky Friday is no more. I believe something different is called for. Not simply sharing of news stories, but sharing news that inspires hope for the future. I want to highlight the good things that aren’t getting enough coverage. This is in no way to diminish the seriously awful things that are happening. To quote JK Rowling, “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
I want more light and less dark. I hope to light a fire of good change. Let’s kaizen this world a little at a time.
- My month of love poetry is going well.
- I am no longer sensitive to dairy, eggs, or yeast and am eating/drinking everything but gluten and carbonated drinks.
- Police officers buy food for a family in need.
- Trucker protects stranded biker.
- Powerball winners are giving back to community.
- Capes made by kids for homeless children.
- Boy prays with and for policemen to stay safe.
- New technology allows those who can’t speak, a voice.
- Aussie dogs are preventing the extinction of a certain penguin.
- British children performing random acts of kindness.