I made it through another week! Sadly, not everyone that began this week did.
- Excited: Now that it is July, one month of love poems begins on this blog! I’ll warn you now, some are from my high school days and could be terrible. My view of love in those days was very “love conquers all”, “all’s fair in love and war”, “my other half”, and “all you need is love.” As the month wears on, you can expect to see how my view has changed and grown, also when I was challenged by its end.
- Emotional: I’ve been invited to contribute on another site a couple of times per week and after some deliberation, I’ve accepted. As of this coming week, I will be decommissioning Wonder Wednesday and it will be replaced with Thoughtful Thursday. It will be hosted on another blog and linked or reblogged to this one. The content will remain philosophical in nature. Funky Friday will remain as is. Merry Monday might be briefer as I’ve accepted another opportunity and need to get my butt in the chair to write for that too. Life is getting busy but heading in a promising direction 🙂
- Indifferent: With President Obama’s visit to the region, a lot of our roads were closed off. This made it difficult for many to get their flights or to get to work. It didn’t affect me, so I’m indifferent about it but I know a lot of people who were very angry about it. Things are different in Canada, though. No matter how many threats were probably given to Harper, I don’t think anyone actually tried to shoot him. Indeed, Canadian prime ministers are usually not targeted like that except for Jean Chretien. But American presidents? You betcha. So far all Canadian prime ministers have died of health issues or old age. Contrast that with the United States. So I don’t think it’s out of line to take extra precautions when the U.S. president visits.
- Unsure: I don’t know enough about the implications of the different potential hospital sites to fully weigh in on the issue, but I’m sure there are a lot of reasons for and against each. At least it seems like they want to make the decision carefully. I think they should consider putting it in an area that currently doesn’t have a hospital to increase the odds of survival for someone who is in an emergency situation and to service more of the population.
- Mystified: There was a home explosion in Mississauga and some disturbing letters were found. Mystery one is what caused the explosion. Mystery two is who wrote the letters. Mystery three is whether or not the letters are in any way connected to the explosion.
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! BONNE FÊTE DU CANADA!!!
- I haven’t completely decided what I will do to celebrate. I’m heavily leaning toward geocaching, writing, and vodka, but I may take in a museum too. I hope everyone has a fantastic Canada Day despite whatever else may be going on in your life. We have to take in these happy moments in order to endure the awful ones.
- Sad & Angry: As I mentioned earlier, there are many who didn’t come out of this week alive. There was an attack at a Turkish airport. An airport, which you may think has nothing to do with you. Several of my friends have traveled the area in the past year or so. It could easily have been one of them. When will this shit end? People should not have to live in situations like this!
- Impressed: The U.S. is converting one of its most well-known highways to a solar road.