It has been pretty quiet for me this week, so I’ve gotten a lot of things done around the house and in the virtual landscape.
- Calm & Collected: On Monday morning, a screen door was installed on my balcony. I’m loving the air flow. It makes me want to go outside more. As day turned to evening and I was about leave work, the power went out. I was in the bathroom at that moment where there were no emergency lights. In the pitch blackness, I assumed a ready stance and felt my way to the sink to wash my hands. I was forced to wipe them on my skirt as the electric dryer was useless. Upon entering the hallway I heard scared voices searching for guidance. I promptly contacted someone I knew that would know what to do as the disaster plan had no useful information within its pages for this situation. Once the proper authorities were engaged, I left. I thought I had missed the storm and I love to watch a good one. They are few and far between in Ottawa. Indeed, I don’t think I’ve witnessed a really good one yet.
- Frustrated: Tuesday was a scramble to get ready to take over a project for a co-worker while they’re out of the country. I don’t feel like this is going well. The dates are not making sense with what the end date is supposed to be. As I have a heart check up this afternoon, I can’t fix it lest I bring it home. No worries, just a health check due to family history. But Friday is supposed to be HIIT then video games! Co-workers. Were I a teenager I would yell that he’s ruining my life. Alas, I am an adult and this is just how it is sometimes. In the evening, whilst at the dojo, another power outage occurred. They seemed to be following me. At least we were nearly done practice and no swords ended up in bodies.
- Creative: Wednesday was a quiet day at work and I attended Paint Nite in the evening. Check out my latest painting on my Instagram here.
- Undaunted: Thursday had me doing work that did not require the internet as our connection went down. This was the worst time for it as it is an important week at my work given that it’s the week of the annual conference and many of our staff members need to work remotely while there. By the late afternoon, the internet was back.
- Annoyed: This morning, my home internet was down. I hope it will be running when I get home. If not, my plans for this evening mainly include video games. Hopefully, this does not require a connection.
- Busy: Otherwise, I’ve been hard at work producing new content for this site. I’ve also revamped quite a bit of it. I will be releasing a lot of poetry in the coming days, weeks, and all through July.
- Peaceful: Other than people driving slower than the speed limits, I have nothing to report. If there have been things going on, no one I know is talking about them.
- Oblivious: Prime Minister Trudeau has been tweeting a lot, but I’ve kind of been self-absorbed this week. Maybe check his twitter to see what’s up.
- Surprised: Britain voted to leave the European Union. What does that mean? I didn’t know either. Maybe this will help you understand why it’s a big deal. We’re going to see and feel a ripple effect and it could be a while before things stabilize.
Well, I’m off to chill for a bit before my appointment. Have a good weekend!