Here’s what I found around the web this week.
- Nostalgic: What do you get when you combine Rainbow Brite and The X-Men? This. So adorable!
- Proud: I have published a short story on Amazon and Smashwords this week! Check my Shorts page for the details.
- Hopeful: Service animals are wonderful. Read about Luke and his dog Jedi. I love the Star Wars hat tip!
- Shocked: There was a big cocaine bust in Ontario this week. A man from Ottawa and his mother are among those charged. This is not the first time the woman is making headlines though. Apparently her daughter has been missing since 2012.
- Scared: There was a shooting near my home. It seems the year I bought my condo was quiet. Thankfully I wasn’t in the area at the time, but last year there were several stabbings. Apparently he was a criminal.
- Happy: I got some good news this week! My physiotherapist said there’s no reason to come regularly now and just to make an appointment as necessary. I’ve struggled with terrible posture for years. When I started roller derby several years ago, I often skated with my head down and back hunched over. It was awful. By the end of the only season I did roller derby, I was much more upright, but I had suffered a whiplash like injury from hitting someone much larger than I. I did a lot of chiropractic work at the start, then heavy active physio, and now I’m doing more passive things. Yoga is on the list to start doing regularly.
- Confused: Need to get a TIN from the IRS. If you think Canadian taxes are confusing…
- Excited: I bought my tickets for Ottawa Comiccon 2016! As always, there’s a whole lot of cool things happening 🙂
- Surprised: I’m surprised only because I thought of substance more broadly and thought sugar would be on the list of the most addictive substances. I’m also surprised that alcohol is higher than cocaine.
- Inspired: It was International Women’s Day on Tuesday. There were many inspirational posts and people talked about. Quite a few of the Harry Potter ladies are on the list. In the Ottawa area there were several Femmy Award winners. Here are some inspirational quotes by strong women.
- Enchanted: I watched My Neighbor Totoro this week. Cat Bus! I love Miyazaki’s stories. I’ve only seen three, but all three have featured a theme of protecting or connecting with nature. They also have this tenderness that I like. So far my favourite is Spirited Away. My second favourite is Princess Mononoke.
- Dread-filled: The “spring Ahead” time change. My annual nemesis returns this weekend. I’m happy that winter is ending, but sleep is precioussss…
- Accomplished: I finished sewing a fabric rug for my living room. It feels more comfy at home now.
- Blaze: Apparently Splenda is probably bad for you. Is anyone shocked by this revelation? I know I’m not.
- Delighted: Disturb’s rendition of “The Sound of Silence” is phenomenal.
- Tired: Been dragging my butt every morning this week. I have a theory it has to do with staying up to read the Illustrated Harry Potter…
- Intrigued: Apparently Alzheimer’s might be caused by STI bacteria. Something you might not want to think about in regards to certain relatives…
- Puzzled: WTF is going on in Cross Lake, Manitoba? What do so many want to end their lives???
- WTF: A crab shack has racist decor on the tables. How does stuff like this even happen? Does anyone do quality control these days? Have we learned nothing in the last 100 or so years???
- Meh: The first families of Canada and the US had dinner together. That’s nice.
Well I’m off to read more Harry Potter.