Alright. I wasn’t great at much last round. At least I didn’t feel like I did nearly as well as round 1.
But editing is going a little more smoothly now. I think I’m getting the hang of it. I also think my later chapters fit better in the story in general than my beginning ones, which had a lot of backstory and not enough actual story in them.
What’s my plan for this round?
1. The Page & The Magician:
a) Finish editing my book. I had 26 chapters, but now 23. I recently completed 4 chapters in a single day. Woohoo! I’ve just completed the edit on chapter 14, so I’m over halfway. My word count is currently 64,908 words. It’s inching up to where it should be for the genre. I must be a weird writer to be increasing word count as she edits…
b) Line up beta readers.
3. First Draft: While waiting for feedback from the beta readers, work on either The Blood Waitress Club, or Scion.
4. Guitar: Continue learning to play. A new session starts this weekend, though I’ll start the following weekend as I have an Iaido seminar to attend.
5. Panel: Prepare for the panel I’m part of in October. More to come on that closer to the time.
6. Writers Collective: Do whatever my writing group needs me to do as part of the writers collective we’re trying to establish.
7. Purge: Go through my sewing related things as I don’t see myself doing more than repairs for the foreseeable decade.
8. Exercises: Continue doing the exercises needed to fix my neck issue. Also strengthen my core.
9. Enjoy summer.
10. Record Collection: I’ve gone a little hipster. I own a turntable now. I have a severe lack of adult records. My collection includes Bjork Vulnicura, Saturday Night Fever, Road Runner Jr. Walker, Bon Jovi (45s), Beach Boys (45), and The Wizard of Oz. I also have a 45 of New Kids on the Block (I’ll Be Loving You Forever). After that it’s pretty much all things like Puff the Magic Dragon and Sesame Street.I’d like to slowly increase my collection of adult records. There is something different about listening to vinyl. I find it relaxing.
11. Self-care: This includes eating habits, sleeping habits, household chores, and meditation. All of these things need to be done more regularly. I’m not generally a terrible eater, but So Delicious ice cream has been on sale lately and it’s quite warm outside. A home that isn’t cluttered leads to a better mindset. I’ve started eating kimchi and I wasn’t sure how that would go. I have a yeast sensitivity, so fermented food is generally a no. I haven’t noticed any positive or negative results yet. Meditating more frequently should help me reduce road rage and calm my emotions, which have been a little overactive lately and this has been messing with my sleep. Contrary to Magic Mike XXL (which I enjoyed immensely), not everyone who meditates also believes in things like Reiki.