Since the Sunday check-in I’ve:
– Written 1017 words
– Attended my monthly writer’s group meeting
– Skated on the Rideau Canal for the first time ever (Dow’s Lake to Lansdowne and back)
– Bought new guitar strings and a guitar humidifier
– Restrung my 3/4 acoustic guitar (I need a lot more practice at this)
– Practiced Iaido
– Practiced Guitar (I’m convinced we’re learning The House of the Rising Sun)
– Completed a technical manual at work that’s been in the works for over a year (I hate technical writing and was very busy with more critical things)
– Ran my dishwasher
– Started collecting things for my 2015 Comiccon costume
– Watched some episodes of Castle
Today I got a sweet leather backpack that is big enough to carry my laptop for $10 at a thrift store. I learned in previous years at Comiccon that it’s good to have a backpack to carry things as I usually buy stuff and I like to take notes at the panels.
I wrote the ending of my book today. I think I’m getting close to being done my first draft though I’m only at 58,142 words currently. I do have a battle left to write. I also wrote a new starting chapter as I’m reading the book Hooked by Les Edgerton and it’s inspiring me to take a slight change of direction.
I had a great day today.